
Rather than being a dutiful employee, I spent part of my afternoon digging through thirty years worth of office supplies. This is a picture of an office supplies box brought into focus by looking through a long tube of holiday wrapping paper. The long shutter speed enabled me to blur the wrapping paper tube, and the manual mode enabled me to play around with the aperture until the box, three feet away, was in focus.
Shooting Mode: Aperture Priority
Shutter: 1.6 seconds
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 32 mm
Flash: Off
Metering: Pattern
ISO Speed: 100
Light Source Option: Tungsten
Great idea!!!! I wouldn't have thought of this shot. That's part of what is so much fun in sharing photography - everyone has such different ideas! And thanks for the link. I've been meaning to look up some info that might help move me forward instead of me trying to re-invent photography.
ReplyDeleteI'm not done with that document showing the differences in effect with various ISO speeds. But in general, the effect I noticed was that the image that looked most like what my naked eye saw was the slower ISO speed. Under tungsten lighting, ISO 80 looked like what my eye saw where ISO 1600 was just a touch washed out. ISO 80 did needed a longer exposure time than the faster speeds. Makes sense.