I might have walked 20 steps out my front door for this shot - not exactly the effort my co-contributor put forth for her shot. I have been looking at this arch since the first heavy snowfall months ago. This is the lilac tree at the edge of my yard. Bent under the weight of the snow, this archway attracts my imagination - it is somehow the grace of finding oneself (in this case, the tree) in an uncomfortable position that ends up creating beauty. 'Course, the tree may have a different opinion. I'll ask it when it wakes up.
camera settings:
shutter speed: 1/60
apertrue value: f 3.2
iso speed: 80
focal length: 6.1 mm
light meetering: evaluative
exposure compensation: +1
and then, using a program called Microsoft Office Picture Manager, I set the color saturation at minus 100, contrast at +20, midtone adjustment at -20. My style of creating a black-n-white photo with some punch.
I love how tweaking with the contrast made the black and white portions of the scene even more distinct . . .
ReplyDelete