Tuesday, February 23, 2010

leggy


On Saturday I took a friend to the far western tip of the island to watch the sunset. I couldn't take enough photos of the landscape as the sun basked the mountains and tidepools in golden hues. Here I am trying to best capture the ripples of the water illuminated by the sun. As the minutes progressed, I enjoyed watching my shadow become longer and longer until finally, ten minutes before sunset, I found myself walking on thirty-foot legs.

Shooting Mode: Shutter Priority
Shutter Speed: 1/1250
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 18mm
Flash: Off
Metering: Center Weighted Average
ISO Speed: 100

1 comment:

  1. This is a great image - I love how much fun taking pictures can be. I'm so often surprised by what comes up. Intending to take a shot of the ripples in the water, your own shadow becomes captivating! Never knowing what pictures will be made - they can only be made in the moment - is the private and spontaneous fun of this craft. Once others see the picture, they either like it or not - but they have no idea about what was going on for the photographer in the moment the shot was taken. The creativity of photography is not just in knowing how to work the camera and composte a shot - the creativity of this craft in large measure is in knowing, in the moment, what is calling out to have its picture taken.

    ReplyDelete

Followers