Monday, February 22, 2010

craving the sun


Taken inside my house. There is a chance this is called the Elephant plant - but whatever it is called I have two of them. They're huge! Not just their leaves, but the stalks grow to be feet upon feet tall.
Recently I have missed having sunlight in my photographs. This picture was taken today. The sun blazed through the window lighting up these leaves. This shot gave me a chance to eat the sun.
manual mode
shutter speed: 1/15
aperature value: f/4.5
light meetering: center weighted avg.
iso: 80
focal lenght: 6.1 mm
white balance: tungsten
af range mode: macro

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I noticed that for both of your last photos you chose tungsten for your white balance. I know that it skews color toward the blue end of the spectrum - have you noticed anything else with this option? I heard that tungsten has particularly nice results when used on a snowy landscape. I haven't experimented much with white balance, but I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told... I keep forgetting to look up how to change the setting for white balance. My camera seems to have "chosen" tungsten and I don't know how to "unchoose" it! And I am really curious as to how to take a good snow picture. So often they come out very blue... So much to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Followers